Are you looking for a full time, permanent position?
Can you easily commute to Brandon, Suffolk?
Would you like to earn £19,000 per year, rising to £20,00 after probationary period.
Would you like every Friday off?
Can you start immediately?
Then Simply Shutters will be able to help. We are currently looking for permanent, full-time order pickers & packers.
Simply Shutters Ltd is small but busy family run business situated in Brandon close to the railway station.
We stock factory made louvre doors in all sizes and manufacture UPVC window shutters.
We are looking for full-time order picker and packers to join our small and busy team.
Working Monday – Thursday 8am until 6pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch break each day. A total of 38 hours per week. Every Friday off! And NO weekend work. Overtime available.
What will you be doing:
You will be required to pick corresponding products to match customer orders and check the products for any defects or obvious sign of damage. You will then have to package the items in a particular way that you will be shown how to do.
This is a repetitive job that requires a certain amount of intelligence, strength and physical fitness as the doors, whilst not overly heavy are cumbersome to handle and require care in doing so.
You may, on occasion, be called in to the production area(s) to assist with building shutters. Again, full training will be given.
You will be responsible for keeping your working environment clean and tidy and in a condition that is ready to be worked in. You cannot do a good job if the world around you is in a mess!
The ideal Candidate:
1. Will be conscientious about their work.
2. Will be a ‘self starter’ and able to work well unsupervised.
3. Not be afraid of providing a fair day’s work in return for a fair day’s pay.
4. Be reliable and possess an excellent attendance record.
5. Will be a good timekeeper and be ready and prepared to start work at 08:00 each day and not finish before time.
6. Is able to read, write and speak the English language to an acceptable standard.
7. Knows what millimetres / centimetres and inches are and can use a tape measure effectively.
8. Will not be surgically attached to their mobile phone and will keep it turned off during working periods.
9. Be able to work quickly and under time pressure.
Why work for us?:
We are a friendly and loyal company that would love to welcome some new people to become highly valued members of our team. We appreciate honesty and reliability.
If you are truly interested in joining our team then please apply today. If you are not genuinely interested, then we kindly ask that you do not apply for the role as it takes a lot of time and effort for us to go over CV’s and contact potential candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00 per year
PPE provided including hand sanitiser, masks and hand washing stations. Social distancing adhered to.
The Anatomy of a Louvre Door
Important Information – PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING
We’re hiring – join our team.